Thursday, April 4, 2013

what to see #2


 I'm hoping to visit as many museums as I possibly can (and luckily for me, many of them have free admission!) but one of the ones I'm most interested in is the War Memorial of Korea. For this museum you do have to pay to get in but it's only 3000 won for adults, which at the moment is about $2.60. They have exhibits that cover battles all the way from the 1500s right up to the most recent attacks from North Korea. Unsurprisingly, they also have a fair amount of space dedicated to the Korean War, which is a part of Korean history that really interests me.

I'll have to make sure I go on a Friday so that I can see the military band and marching parade display! The friend I'm staying with in Seoul during my visit has already completed his mandatory military service, so I wonder if seeing that will have added meaning for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment